To better serve our customers both in functionality and security we have made a formal Browser support policy. While you can always access Viddler from a PC, Mac or Linux we have tightened up a support plan for browsers.
Viddler will support the current stable release of a browser and the prior version. This will start 6 months after the newest stable release has been published.
Example: if IE version ‘x’ comes out tomorrow, we will continue to support and test the previous version of IE for the next 6 months and we will make sure our site works in full in IE version ‘x’ by the time we drop testing for the previous version. This does not mean the site will cease to work with the previous version, just that we are not fully testing the previous version any longer.
We have made these decisions so that we can provide our customers with the best platform in all current major browsers.
We recommend using a supported browser to get all of Viddler’s newest features:
- Internet Explorer 10+ | Windows Note: While we do not officially support older versions of IE, we do try to maintain compatibility where we can.
- Microsoft Edge 20+ | Windows
- Firefox 34+ | Windows, Mac (H.264 Video is not supported by Firefox when using HTML5.)
- Chrome 40+ | Windows, Mac, Linux (with "Pepper" Flash enabled)
- Safari 7+ | Mac (Windows version (5.x) hasn't been updated since 2012; some player features may not function correctly.)
- Mobile Safari | iOS 7+ (Devices using an A4 or better CPU)
- Chrome 38+ | iOS 6+, Android 4.1+
- Mobile IE | Windows Phone 8+