Setup your account for iTunes
- Go to your Settings.
- Select Feeds in the options on the left.
- Choose the source for your feed (Do you want us to generate the feed for you, or do you already have your own iTunes-compatible feed?)
- Fill in all the required (*) fields.
- Take your iTunes-compatible feed and submit it to the iTunes Podcast Directory.
Things to keep in mind
- Make sure your videos are in an iTunes compatible format. If you have a Pro, Business, Advantage, or Enterprise account, then you can check the formats your videos currently get encoded to via your Encoding Settings.
- Only videos set to Public for viewing, and the "Download" interaction setting to "All Viewers" will appear in your iTunes-compatible RSS feed.
- All the text fields are limited to 255 characters. This is a limitation Apple imposes on the iTunes feed metadata. The only exception is the summary field (i.e., description of an individual episode/video) which is allotted 4000 characters. More details in Apple's iTunes Podcast Documentation.
By default, SD (480p, 360p) video is delivered via your RSS feed. However, Business accounts and above can request to have this raised to serve the HD version (if available) of your videos. If no HD encoding is available, then our platform will look for the next best version.
Advanced users may want to enhance their RSS feed even further. A service like Feedburner will be able to do that for you. Just take your iTunes-compatible Viddler feed and input it to Feedburner. (Note: Introducing extra aspects to the feed by using a service such as Feedburner could break its functionality. We only guarantee that the Viddler feed will work. Experiment at your own delight/risk.
Making a Podcast - Apple.com