Uploading a supported video to Viddler is couldn’t be easier. We provide 3 methods to insure that you can get your videos to us: the Basic Uploader, the API and WebDAV.
Using the Basic Uploader
To upload a video, you can select "videos" from your Dashboard navigation bar and select “Upload”. Then you will click
Select the video(s) you’d like to upload using the “Browse and upload” button, and then wait while the file(s) upload. Once the video(s) are at the encoding state, you can navigate away from the page.
Uploading using WebDAV
As part of an ongoing effort to maintain the latest security for our platform, Viddler updated the underlying operating system for the upload and encode subsystems of the Viddler platform. Unfortunately, this action caused an incompatibility with Viddler's FTP upload capability. Due to this incompatibility the FTP program is currently unavailable and will remain so until further notice. As an alternative, you can upload directly on the Viddler platform by way of your account by logging in to your Viddler account. or alternatively via the Viddler API or use a WebDav service.
The following is an example on how to use WebDAV:
Go to: https://cyberduck.io/ and download the application named Cyberduck (you may use any other WebDav tool).
- Open the program (is a yellow duck) and install it.
- Once installed, click on the button that looks like a world globe with a (+) sign "Open Connection".
- From the drop-down menu, select WebDAV (HTTP)
- In the server field, type: webdav.viddler.com
- Type in 80 in the Port field
- The username and password is the same as your Viddler account
- Click on "Connect"
- To begin uploading, click on "File" and choose "Upload..."
Article is closed for comments.