An embedded playlist is a collection of videos that you can embed anywhere. They can collect videos from users, tags, or even your own stored playlists. Playlist embeds allow you to easily embed multiple videos (from a Playlist) without having to use multiple embed codes. Playlist embeds support mobile devices, just like regular embeds.
- Embedded playlists and per-video Sharing Settings
- Playlist Themes
- Source Options
- Other Options
- Live Examples
Embedded playlists require that the videos you wish to add to them be listed as “Public" or "Domain Restricted".
We have three types of playlist embeds that you can use based on your needs:
The Library theme allows you to create a quick grid view or list of a specified number of videos. It can can include a player, or just links to your videos. There's also the option to add multiple playlists which can be selected from a drop-down or tabs. In the list view, the playlists can be separated by their title.
The Theater theme contains simple Next and Previous video controls on the player.
The Showreel theme provides a player and all of the specified account’s public videos with a scrollable listing below the player. Note that the showreel portion's colors are based on your custom player colors:
- User – Picks videos by user, with ability to further filter based on tag(s)
- Tag – Grabs videos based on tag(s) only. Will gather all public videos with the specified tag(s). Comma separated. Not supported for the Showreel theme.
- Featured – The embedded playlist will contain the featured videos from the Viddler main page.
- My Playlists – Creates an embed based on a playlist created in Your Videos.
- Sort (Library, Theater) – Sort by Date (oldest or newest first) or Views (most or least first).
- Style (Library) – Choose from Grid (the Default) or a List display of your videos below the player.
- Show Titles (Library) – (Grid Style only) – Places the video title underneath the video.
- Show Player (Library) – Display a video player with the thumbnails. When the player is disabled, the video thumbnails take the user to the permalink of the video.
- Autoplay (Library, Theater, Showreel) – Start playing videos immediately, starting with the first in the list.
- Player Type (Library, Theater) – Choose between our full or simple players.
- Max [Videos] (Library, Theater) – Maximum amount of videos that should be displayed.
- Videos per row (Library) – Number of thumbnails per row (for example, 12 videos with 3 videos per row creates an embed with 4 total rows).
- Widget width (Library, Theater, Showreel) – Width of the playlist embed (in pixels).
- Custom Color (Theater) – Customize the colors of the player. Checking the box provides further color customization options.
See live examples of all our playlist embed styles here: http://public.supportserver.viddler.com/examples/demo/playlists/allplaylists.html