- What is an Embed Code?
- Types of Viddler Embed Codes
- Setting Your Default Embed Code
- How to Get an Embed Code
An embed code is a little bit of HTML that allows your video to show up elsewhere on the web, like your own site, a blog, or a forum that supports embedding. It looks very different depending on the technique used.
Viddler has 4 different types of embed codes, which will allow you to choose the features you’d like to have in a format that will work with your site.
This is the original flavor of embed code at Viddler. These days, it’s reserved for users that aren’t really interested in mobile video, but want to leave the feature enabled for the future.
This code is a middle ground between Legacy and iframe. It uses our standard flash player on full-fledged desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, and Linux), and will offer up an HTML5 Version for mobile platforms. It does not ensure future compatibility for new desktop and mobile formats, unlike the iframe.
The iframe embed code is the best option in most cases. It supports our current players and formats (Flash, HTML5 Mobile) with much less required code, making it easier to read. The iframe will also support any new formats we may add in the future without requiring any changes to the code.
<iframe id="viddler-7c1804e8" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/7c1804e8/?f=1&player=full&secret=30641456" width="650" height="408" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
The div embed code is our most versatile embed code. It will only be available when using our Arpeggio player. You can customize the player on a per-embed basis using CSS and other HTML5 standards. If you're displaying advertizements on your videos, you can enter VAST tags within the div embed code. See more on embedding with div.
For users of Wordpress that have the Viddler Wordpress Plugin installed. It follows the standards of a WordPress Short Code. Our plugin translates this to an iframe embed code.
The default setting controls the code automatically generated when you click on “embed” as well as providing the code when posting to a blog directly from Viddler.com To set the default, go to your Interaction settings page. The option is listed as “Default embed code type”.
You can easily find the “Embed” link for each video in the “Your Videos” section:
This will launch the embed code generator, where you can choose all kinds of options for your embed code if you’d like:
- Player type—Choose from our Full, Simple, or Mini players.
- Embed size—Choose the size of the total embed. The total size is the Video size (shown on the right side) plus the player controls.
- Lock aspect ratio—Prevents the video from being stretched by increasing the dimensions in scale when they are changed.
- Audio only player—Click here for full instructions on embedding an audio player.
- Embed Code Type—Begins at the Default Setting
- Options—The Most used options are here:
- Auto-play—Begins the video as soon as the player loads.
- Hide Logo—Turns off the logo display for this particular video.
- Loop Video—Restarts playback from the beginning after the video completes.
- HD—Enables HD by default.
- Advanced options—Choose various additional settings supported by our player. Choose the setting you want to alter from the dropdown and click the “Add” button.
Tip: See list of additional player FlashVars.
- Embed code area—View the generated embed code.
- Copy Button—Copy the generated embed code to your clipboard. You can then paste it on your site.
If the “Embed” Privacy setting is set to “Everyone” the embed code can be obtained from the player itself:
- Click the Share Button on the player
- Click on the Link & Embed section (if is not already there)
- Choose embed code type from the dropdown menu and click “Copy”
After you have the embed code you’d like, you can paste it to your website.