Viddler’s Your Videos section allows you to easily upload, manage, and embed videos.
- Managing Your Content
Initially, we have lists for All videos, Public or Private videos, and Shared videos. These are sortable as they were before: Number of views (most Views, Least Views), comments or video upload date (Newest, Oldest) – As well as sortable based on a date range. You can also create your own sorting options using <<Playlists>>.
To edit the settings of multiple videos at a time, check the boxes (or click the Select/Deselect all button) to the left of the videos you’d like to edit in Your Videos. When the videos you’d like to edit are selected, click on the “Edit videos” button to launch the bulk editor.
The bulk editor allows you to change a number of settings:
- Add to playlists—Add a video to a playlist or create a new one. Type in the list name and then press enter/return
- Video privacy—Change the video privacy settings
- Comment moderation—Change the comment moderation setting
- Viewer Interactions—Change the Video interaction settings (as described in the above section)
- Age gate—Alter the minimum age requirement for your video.
Our embed code generator allows you to easily choose the type and size of the player, along with additional advanced options. For more details, check out our full article
Playlists provide a custom way of organizing or viewing your videos. You can choose to manually populate them or automatically populate based on certain criteria.
To create a playlist, click 'Playlists', then press the “Create New Playlist”. Choose if you’d like to make a Regular (manual) playlist, a Smart playlist or Subscriptions; Choose if your playlist will be public or private and enter your title for the playlist, then click the “Create” button
For regular playlists, click on the videos you would like the playlist contain. Selected videos are highlighted. Click the “Save” button when you are finished. You'll note the "R" to the left of title (For Free), will indicate the Regular playlist.
Smart Playlists allow for a fair bit of customization, and they also update automatically based on criteria. You can choose to only include public (or private) videos. You can also mix and match the following:
- View count range (500–1000, for example)
- Users - This allows you to make a playlist containing any user’s videos (as long as the videos and account are public)
- Video Tags
When finished making changes, click the “Done” button, and the playlist will update to reflect the changes.
Playlists aren't just an organizational tool. Use them to create Vidgets (embedded playlists).