The Video Details, or “Edit Details” panel puts all the settings for and individual video in an easy to access place.
- Video overview
- How to Edit Video Details
- Panel Sections and Options
To Edit Video details, and bring up the Video Details Panel, simply click the “Edit” button for the video you would like:
This section allows you to either select a thumbnail, or to upload a pre-sized image file to use in place of the automatically generated thumbnail.
The Details tab allows you to edit the Title, Description, Tags, Permalink, and viewing permissions for the individual video. Don’t forget to click save when you’re finished making changes. If you have the advertising add-on, you can turn ads on or off for the video here. Viewing permissions can be set to Public, Domain Restricted, Invitation Only, or Private. Many of these options also allow you to set a password in order to view the video.
- The Secret URL feature will be enabled when the video is set to “Invitation Only”. Click the save button to generate a link that you can provide users to view just that video on viddler.com.
- Password Protection – Switch to the ON position and you will be able to enter a password (alphanumeric recommended) of your choice. When a viewer access the embedded video they will be presented with text field labeled "Password" in the center of a black frame. They will need to enter the password to access the video.
Accepted HTML for descriptions:
<b> = bold
<i> = italics
<a> = links
From this tab, you can add and manage settings for your subtitles (closed captions). Click here for a tutorial on how to create a closed captions (SRT) file.
Edit the Interaction settings for the individual video. You can also manage Comment Moderation (if enabled for your account).
- Comment Moderation – This feature can be set to the account default, no moderation, review all (all moderated), Review Profanity (triggered by our word list) or Deny Profanity (remove all messages that have profanity in them before they are posted).
This section will generate an embed code based on various options. Check out our article on embedding videos for more information. The Open Graph tab generates Facebook-compatible Open Graph data to place in the header of your web page so viewers can embed it in sites that support Open Graph tags .
This tab allows you to replace, download, or delete the video. When deleting, make sure you have a copy of the original, as this choice is not reversible.
"Sintel" Copyright © Blender Foundation | durian.blender.org Some Rights Reserved. Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.