There's several advanced options which you can add when embedding a video. Below is a list of all the options we support in the Flash version (only displayed on desktop computers with Flash Player installed) of our player along with a description of each. They're listed in order of how they appear in the drop-down on the embed window.
- Start from (digits) - Enter the position (in seconds) of where you want your video to start playing from.
- Smoothing (checkbox) - Video will be smoothed (interpolated) when scaled.
- Deblock (digits) - The type of deblocking filter to apply to the video.
- Hide statistics (checkbox) - Disables the statistics (number of views, comments) at the end of the video.
- Disable branding (checkbox) - Disables any player branding attributes.
- Initial volume (digits/slider) - Sets the initial volume level of the player. It can still be altered by the viewer, if necessary.
- Open in new window (checkbox) - If the viewer clicks the video frame, then the permalink will open in a new browser window/tab.
- Wmode (drop-down) - Sets the Window Mode property of the Flash movie for transparency, layering, and positioning in the browser.
- Disable seek (checkbox) - Disables seeking in the player.
- Disable forward seek (checkbox) - Disables only forward seeking in the player.
- Disable backward seek (checkbox) - Disables only backward seeking in the player.
- Post-roll permalinks (checkbox, drop-down) - If the post-roll interface is enabled (see Player Settings), then this advanced option will send the viewer to the permalink of a video when its post-roll thumbnail is clicked (rather than sending them to the video page itself).
The technical term for these advanced options is a FlashVars. If you're comfortable with editing an embed code (HTML), then check out all the FlashVars available on our Flash player in our Additional Embed FlashVars article.