- If you're embedding our Flash w/ HTML5 fallback embed code into a Joomla page, then it will likely play on a desktop computer, but may show as a blank area when viewed on a mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows Phone). This is due to Joomla altering the code and stripping out the HTML5 portion of the embed code. We recommend using the iframe embed code to remedy this.
- If you're embedding our iframe embed code, then Joomla will likely completely remove the iframe code. Please follow the steps below to allow iframes to be accepted on your pages/site.
With some simple settings changes to your Joomla configuration you can easily start to embed your Viddler videos using either our iframe or HTML5 Fallback embed code. Joomla likes to strip out the tag ‘embed’ regardless so our Legacy embed code is more hassle than it’s worth.
Follow the instructions below for both Joomla 1 & 2 to get started embedding videos into your content. This article assumes you are using the default TinyMCE editor as well.
Click on Extensions > Plugin Manager
Click on ‘Editor – TinyMCE’ in the plugin list
Update the TinyMCE settings to allow HTML tags
- Turn Code Cleanup on Startup to ‘Off’
- Turn Code cleanup on save to ‘Never’
- If ‘iframe’ is found in the Prohibited Elements textarea, remove it
- Click Save
With those modifications you can now start to embed your Viddler videos in Joomla 1.x.
Click on ‘Extensions > Plugin Manager’
Click on ‘Editor – TinyMCE’ under Plugins
If ‘iframe’ is present under ‘Prohibited Elements’, remove it and save your settings
Now go to ‘Site > Global Configuration’
Now click ‘Text Filters’ and change any group’s Filter Type to ‘No Filtering’ for those groups you want to allow to embed videos.
That’s it, now you can embed your videos in both Joomla 1 & 2. We hope this helps.