Viddler understands that in some instance, you or your I.T. Team may not want to allow direct access to Viddler.com. Unfortunately, if you block Viddler.com, all embeds (including your own) will no longer work. There are a few methods you can use to allow embeds to work, but not enable direct viewing from Viddler.com
Block Viddler “Show Movie” pages
Our embeds run from Viddler.com and www.viddler.com, but you can disable viewing of videos on our site by blocking the “Show movie” pages that are in the following format:
Blocking http://www.viddler.com/v/* would allow for embeds.
Can I whitelist just the embed URLs?
This is not recommended at this time. We utilize a CDN to deliver content, and so these embed URLs will redirect or reach out to several Viddler subdomains in order to obtain the content. These CDN link formats are subject to change, which may require redoing a large portion of your Viddler-related whitelist.
Currently, we call some external resources. Be aware that we don’t have full control over the URLs or their redirects since third parties manage them:
- http://*.liverail.com (Advertising, if active on your account)
- http://*.inplay.tubemogul.com (Analytics, now deprecated)
- http://*.inplay.scanscout.com (Analytics, now deprecated)
- http://inplay-rcv03.scanscout.com (Analytics. The number following rcv may change, now deprecated)
- http://load.videohub.com (Analytics, now deprecated, though the player does still currently call this URL)
Ports used by Viddler
Viddler can use the following ports. You should not need to configure your firewall to allow these ports, but in the event you need them:
- Progressive Download: 80 and 443
- Streaming/Adaptive (Flash): 1935
Our Arpeggio (HTML5) and Legacy (Flash) players use port 80 by default on an HTTP page. If you view it on a HTTPS (SSL) page, then they use 443. Only the Legacy player uses port 1935 as it is the only one that supports Streaming/Adaptive delivery at this time.
I have a better idea!
Let us know by creating a support ticket. We may be able to provide additional insight to see if it will be a good solution for you.