You are now able to select a default track for your viewers when you embed your video.
Viddler remembers the default Closed-Caption/Subtitle language selected. This means that even if you choose to set a default, a user who selected another language will default to their option instead:
- You choose to set the default to English (en)
- The viewer has already viewed a video and set their language to Polish (pl)
- If available, the viewer will see the Polish subtitles instead of your default choice.
- If a viewer has not yet watched and selected their own language, the player will listen to what you set.
To set a default subtitle track (and to turn it on by default), you’ll need to add the following flashvar to the embed code:
- cclang=xx (xx for the two-letter country/language code. “en” for English, “pl” for Polish, and so on)
Here’s an example code:
<iframe id="viddler-bdce8c7" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/bdce8c7/?f=1&autoplay=0&player=full&secret=18897048&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=0&cclang=en" width="437" height="288" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
And here is what your viewers will see: